Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Debt, The American Way

Today I woke up thinking it was time to start doing some research and looking into going back to school. I have my options narrowed down, now I just have to figure out how I'm going to fund this endeavour! Since our government wastes all its money on unnecessary committees, giving assistance to people who really need to quite doing drugs and get a job, and allotting bonuses to undeserving politicians, filling out the FASFA for me is like a bad joke. Last year one of my parents was unemployed (due to the economy affecting orders through their work) for some time, you would think this would help me get something out of the government to help for college... Ya no. After submitting the FASFA I was directed to a new page that basically said, You don't get nothin! But here's some places you can get loans from.

Seriously....... Does anyone else see the irony in this?!?

I totally understand that there really is only so much that the government can do to help with financing college but in light of the recent debt crisis, I find this almost comical!

Anyone have thoughts on this? Am I the only person that finds this ironic?

No comments:

Post a Comment