Today is Friday January 3rd, 2014.
Yesterday, Thursday January 2nd, 2014. I spent the morning cuddling the dogs, watching American Horror Story, and then went to work around 12:30 for 7 1/2 hours....
The day before that, Wednesday January 1st, 2014. I spent the entire day on the couch... hung over.
I must say I'm disappointed in the waste of life over the last two days. With that being said I share with world my life plans for this new year.
I hate the idea of "resolutions". No one ever keeps their resolutions (if you are the one out of a million people that has actually kept a new years resolution - kuddos to you! you are a better person then I!). So I am not declaring a new years resolution. Instead I am reflecting on my current life and making plans to change the things I feel need changing and do the things I want to do... I am taking charge of my life and making it what I want.
So here it goes::
Life Goals for 2014
1.) Blog at least once a week (I am dedicating Sunday evenings to blogging). I don't care if no one reads this but at least it holds me accountable. Plus it gives me a place to document my life - who knows maybe ten years from now I'll look back and read what I was doing in m young days.
2.) Prioritize my financial status. I mean keep working on paying off the bills I have and try very hard not to acquire new bills. I would like to get my self in a better financial place and save more - easier said then done but I am making it a goal to be healthy in financial life.
3.) Get healthy (cliche, I know!). I Katie, am a soda-holic and junk food addict. I love my Starbucks, Muchas Gracias Breakfast Burritos, and Diet Pepsi.... Oh and don't forget the chips and salsa... I would marry chips and salsa if I could. So as of today... I will not drink soda pop (unless it is clear and in a mix drink, aka, soda water - and that must only be on special occasions. Only because I'm realistic!). I will eat at least one fruit or vegetable serving a day (I know you are supposed to have much more then this but realistically this is going to be hard for me...). No candy.... Its going to be a long year... Sugar free gum or mints. Thats it! And lastly, chips and salsa will be limited. Only once a week...
4.) This is the biggest goal... Do something that scares me. I haven't decided what this exactly means but I do know it means I want to live harder. Do more, go more, live more.
There you have it... I close this posting out with a quote I read earlier today.
"What you allow, is what will continue." - Unknown
No comments:
Post a Comment